What is Raiding?
Raiding is the act of attacking and destroying another player's base in order to steal their loot stashed inside. Players will make ever-increasingly complex bases with fake rooms and honeycombed walls to make attackers waste more resources trying to get in. Love it or hate it, it's one of the most exciting things to do.
In order to even think about raiding a base, there are some basics you should know:
- Each tier of base defences has more hit points than the one before.
- Various weapons will do damage to structures but unless you use the right tools, it may take you a while.
- All base walls have a soft and hard side depending on which way they are placed - hitting the soft side of a wall will cause more damage so be careful when building!
- Twig structures can be destroyed relatively quickly by almost any tool, it's best to upgrade to wood as soon as possible!
- Wood structures can be destroyed by a hatchet, but this is time consuming.
- They are much more vulnerable to fire, so using incendiary ammo or a flamethrower will make the process a lot faster!
- Stone structures are much stronger and are unaffected by fire.
- At this point, effective raiding from the outside will require at least Beancan Grenades, better explosives or explosive ammo.
- Although, from the inside, it's quite possible to destroy soft sided stone walls with melee tools and weapons.
- Sheet metal is even stronger; the sheet metal door will take four satchel charges to blow through, so you'll need to come prepared.
- Most bases will upgrade to a sheet metal door as soon as they can, so explosives quickly become a raiding necessity.
- Armoured doors and walls are the strongest tier in the game.
- They can withstand all but the most powerful explosives, at least without taking an age to blow through them.
- At this point, the only real options for raiding are to use Timed Explosives or a Rocket Launcher.
- At this level, it will take two Timed Explosives or 4 Rockets to blow through a single door.
Even though many methods of raiding involve explosives or destruction, a clever raider can still use a minimal amount of tools to exploit bad base design and gain access by using twig towers, or having a friend to boost them.
Experiment and see what you can get away with!